Monday, August 31, 2015

Monday Madness

Monday mornings with construction in the house is always madness.  The weekends are always so peaceful and then the noise and activity starts for another week.  Another couple of weeks (I think) and I should be able to spend my time cleaning every nook and crevice. 

While I continue to dig up the “oldies” in my sewing haven, I did have fun with a new project this week.  I had a charm pack of Market Road by Windham and loved the colors.  I decided to make a few flying geese and then just started building on them until I got a nice size for the table.  It is 16”x40”. 

August 2015 043

I used the rest of the charms for the back.

August 2015 046

Now for the oldies……another table runner that I finally quilted and bound.

August 2015 029

Remember the fusible grid Happy Jack from my last post?  I finished him AND make another one just like him as a gift.  I really like the way these turned out.

August 2015 016

The little ones have all headed back to school for the upcoming year, but we had fun celebrating the end of summer.  Little says summer like watermelon.

August 2015 026

Why is it that little girls love to dress up?????

August 2015 037

When Benartex had their Christmas in July Blog Hop I was the lucky winner of one of their bundles from My Fabric Relish.  Included in the bundle were two great patterns from Cherry Blossoms Quilting.  I have made several of Cherry’s patterns and they have become some of my favorite projects to display at Christmas.  I’m thinking that this darling Christmas tree skirt might need to be the next addition.  Be sure to check out Cherry’s fantastic designs as they will also become some of your favorites. 

August 2015 010

Do you have a fetish for pincushions?  I have way more than I actually use, but they are so addictive.  If you love them as much as I do, please link your pincushion love up at the My Sister Made Me Do It linky party.  It starts on September 2nd and runs through September 9th.

perfectlyPleasingPincusionParade2015

27 comments:

  1. You have been super creative for all of the construction going on at your house. The flying geese table runner is a great size at 16 x 40 and the back really shows off the pretty quilting.

    The "Happy Fall Y'all" is so cute on your Happy Jack.

    I really do not know anyone who doesn't like watermelon in the summer time nor do I know a little who doesn't like to play dress up. My great niece is 12 months old and she is already walking around with beads around her neck.

    I'm not familiar with Cherry Blossom Quilting but snowmen are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the grey table runner! And the "oldie". AND Happy Jack! Cute, cute, cute.

    Your granddaughter is just too cute with all her bling...makes me want to sing "Diamonds are a girl's best friend". ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the grey runner and also love the quilting motif you used. Super JACK - how cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love the gray table runner and Jack is pretty cute too. It is great to get old projects finished but nothing can be more fun than starting and finishing a new one. It is hard to see summer come to an end but fall is fun to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you did with your charm pack! I've got several sitting on my shelves that I just can't figure out what to do with them. And that has to be the most adorable picture of a baby eating watermelon - love the hairdo and the dribbles all over those sweet chubby baby legs LOL!!! He obviously takes his watermelon seriously :*) I've got to look up that jack-o-lantern pattern - Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always share the best stuff. Love the quilting on the table runner and Happy Jack is just awesome. Little girls and BIG girls like to dress up. She's precious. Construction is never fun until it is done and cleaned up. Then it's fantastic. Happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah to you for some great finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your grey table runner is perfect for the seasonal transition, and those grandchildren, well, they are both perfectly adorable in their dribbles and beads! How blessed we are to have young grandbabies in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The table runner you made is wonderful! Great job with it! Your Happy Jack has to be my favorite Halloween project ever. I can't believe summer has come to an end.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think I noticed the sentiment on that Jack o Lantern ... even more spectacular! It's not summer until we have watermelon, right? I love that tree skirt ... I'd never heard of that designer, but I'm definitely going to be checking her out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is great to to able to find things to do when having your home worked on. Love the Jack O' Lantern and the table-runners. The grands are too precious.
    Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great use of a charm pack. I hope your house is finished soon, so you can have fun cleaning. LOL! What fun with the grandies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice! I like the combination of prints and the geese in your runner ; )

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your work and your grands are so cute

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Mary, I am always amazed at all the stuff you turn out! I'm convinced that smaller projects are the way to go..........your table runners are so beautiful and I love using the extra fabric on the back! Thank you so much for mentioning my linkup on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Fall Y'all - That is so darn cute Mary! I love the other pieces too - especially the Market Road table runner!
    Adorable photos of your grandchildren. Every child in our neighborhood used to like to come over and play dress ups. Even the little boys.
    What a fun win from Cherry Blossoms - congratulations! And hang in there on that renovating.

    ReplyDelete
  17. nothing mad about any of this pure delight in fact right down the slurpy sticky watermelon xx

    great projects ahead...me too I am thinking Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  18. The color of the Market Road collection is gorgeous. It's modern looking and classic at the same. I love it. Good luck with the construction. The end is near now and then you would have the peaceful home back again - Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  19. Even in the middle of chaos you've managed to finish some amazing pieces. Your runner is as pretty on the back as it is on the front! Cute, cute little jeweled princess!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh, Mary, your jack o lantern is too cute! I just love him! A friend LOVES Halloween and I may have to make one for her. Your flying geese table runner is lovely, too. Hopefully you will have piece and quiet in your home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love Market Road and the quilting is awesome. LOVE your Jack. Looks as if you've manage to steer clear of the workers and keep yourself occupied. I won't be sad to see Summer leave because Autumn is my favorite season!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wherever did you get the scrabble letters for your Jack O Lantern's teeth? Did you cull them from a thrift store set? They are so charming. I imagine you holed up all day in your sewing room, getting all these runners and wall hangings completed--an inspiration for the rest of us. Carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the yellow/gray runner, and the quilting on it. But then all your other projects are equally lovely!! I can't believe how much you get done with your busy life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The first one is absolutely stunning !!! Your quilting is perfect !!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Jack is great. The use of the letter tiles is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  26. All beautiful quilts. Excellent work you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh our jack-o-latern is almost as cute as your grands!!! Thanks for sharing at Tuesday Archives!!

    ReplyDelete